Losers Get Left Behind

by Jen on November 21, 2011

Yesterday, my husband left.  And he took our children with him.

I stood in the driveway of our empty home and waved goodbye as they drove away in an SUV filled to the brim and bound for New York City.

I was not prepared for just how crappy that would feel.

Sure, I will be joining them soon, but STILL.  I want to be with them.  To help navigate, to help drive, to help feed wiener dogs on the fly, to sing songs, to make memories.  Whatever.  I hate that my family is going to take their very first steps as official New Yorkers without me.

I predict the noises will initially scare the snot out of Mona, but I think Millie will be in heaven.  She’s a social girl and the sights and sounds are going to be right up her alley.  Either way, I’m their mom and I think they will need me.  They won’t, but dammit.  Dammit.  Dammit.

George will be moving all our stuff into our apartment by himself and living out of boxes until I arrive.

I want to be there so bad.  SO BAD.

I’ll be in Tallahassee until December 7th finishing up some things at work and preparing our house for renters.  Alisha, Elaina, Jayden and Sophia are awesome and have let me crash with them while I’m homeless, husbandless, and wiener dogless.  This arrangement works perfectly.  The kids provide much appreciated humor and distraction, and the adults share my love for cheese and Bravo TV.  We are a match made in heaven.

George is slated to arrive in The City tomorrow.  I’m holding my breath until I know they are all safe and sound.  He should be unloaded and relaxing with his feet up by Thanksgiving… in our NEW YORK CITY APARTMENT!!!  I still can’t believe it.

What a dream come true.

1 Rach (DonutsMama) November 21, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Awww, I can't believe he took the wiens! Poor Jen! Wanna crash here?

2 Runnermom-jen November 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm

First off, you are NOT a loser! And, thank goodness you have some awesome friends to crash with while you're "homeless". What an amazing adventure you guys are about to embark on!

3 Alison@Mama Wants This November 21, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Oh joy! Sorry you can't be with them right now, but you will be soon! And when you do, girl, I want to see pictures of fabulous you in your fabulous apartment in fabulous New York City!

4 AmandaD November 21, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Millie looks like she's so cool and totally ready for the big city!!!

5 @ScrapsandStraps November 21, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I just found out you guys are moving to New York!! That is so awesome, congrats!! Brad moved all our stuff to Salt Lake when we moved here and I was left to do what you are doing, I feel your pain, but don't worry it is all worth it and you will be reunited soon!!

6 Kimberly November 22, 2011 at 12:31 am

I'm so sorry you can't be with them now, but you will. Soon. And in NYC??? Gah! So exciting!

7 alison November 22, 2011 at 11:10 am

The good thing is, you're not blog reader-less, we're still here to hold your hand while you wait. 🙂 Hang in there, darlin', good things are coming! 🙂

8 Lynne November 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm

So so envious and jealous of you guys Jenn! Imagine your FIRST CHRISTMAS in NYC! At the end of the day, it will so be all worth it to come home to an apartment with your hubby and weins waiting for you and oh make George have a tree put up for your arrival also 😉 Happy Trails~!