Photo Gratitude

by Jen on July 25, 2011

I think I may have missed a week (or two) of photo gratitude, so I’m going to shove two weeks into one post.  I’m grateful I own this blog, so I’m able to take those liberties.  I’m sorta like Oprah is to OWN.  The similarities between us get eerier by the day.

Last week I was grateful for a little boy who turned 4 years old.  That’s a big deal no matter how you slice it, but it’s certainly a big deal when you get to do it dressed as a Power Ranger.

I was also grateful for the opportunity to celebrate impending nuptials with a new friend.  Congrats Andrea! Getting together for lunch with the girls is never a bad idea.  Especially when cupcakes are involved.

After much deliberation, I am happy to announce I am the proud owner of a new MacBook Pro.  Life as I know it, will never be the same.  Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Maverick the Mac.  He’s handsome, lightweight, and can go allll night loooong (or at least 5 hours without being plugged in).  PC who?!?!?

And finally, blogging has opened my world up to a whole new group of really amazing, really funny, really supportive, and really thoughtful friends.  One such friend is Dawn.  She’s HI-LARIOUS.  My favorite toy as a little booger was “Little People”.  Long story short, through some sort of amateur game of Six Degrees of Separation, I met Iris.  I fell in love with Iris.  Iris owned a “People” she appropriately named Oprah.  I love Oprah.  Dawn loves “People”.  She’s obsessed with “People”.  I said, “Hey Dawn! Check out Iris!  She’s featuring a “People”.  Dawn was all, “Oh Jen, you have made my day, my week, my year!  I shall give you a million dollars!” (I’m paraphrasing.)  Upon seeing Iris’ “People” I begin a massive eBay search to find an Oprah of my very own.  I suffer from a bout of ADD and forget about my massive search.  Two days later, Dawn SENDS ME AN OPRAH!!!!  From this moment on, I will always pour some of my beer on the ground for Dawn.  And Iris.  And Oprah.

1 Dawn@LightenUp! July 25, 2011 at 7:48 am

Hahahaaa! Adorable – especially the power ranger. 🙂 (I miss the Power Ranger days…sniff…sniff) And thanks for the sweet mention. It was fun just to find Susan/Oprah for you on the Interwebs. I kind of feel like Iris is our fairy godmother, don't you? Or maybe Oprah. Or maybe Susan…
xxoo

2 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 7:52 am

Yes! That's a great title for her. 🙂 We need to send her a glittery wand. 🙂

Thank you again for being so thoughtful. I really appreciate it. I make the dogs pose with Oprah/Susan all the time. Can't you tell from the picture that Mona's used to it? 🙂

3 The Bearded Iris July 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Dawn, holy CRAP – your fairy godmother? How old do you think I am, bitch? Ugly stepsister, tops. But seriously, I'm so grateful to Jen for hooking us up. Your blog makes me laugh out loud on a regular basis, and that is impressive, because I'm a mean old yinzer!

I am honored to have introduced you, a fellow LP lover, to Susan/Oprah, and to have played a part in you paying the Susan/Oprah love forward with Jen. Good karma all around. Group hug and cheers!

4 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Hahahaha. Dawn is so rude. Always has been. At least for the million months I've known her.

5 Buffy July 25, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hahaha! Love this story 🙂 Oprah is so teenie chyute!!!

6 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 9:12 pm

She's awesome. I put her on my dresser and she watches me while I sleep… just like I fantasize the real Oprah would do.

7 Mark Wallheiser July 25, 2011 at 9:29 am

Your going to love your MB Pro!

8 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I'm beyond excited to have a comment from THE Mark Wallheiser. 🙂 I just told my husband…. "You know! The guy from the Tallahassee Magazine cover story!!!!" 🙂

9 MamaWantsThis July 25, 2011 at 9:43 am

Aw, sweetness!! The Power Ranger outfit is adorable. So is the wearer of said outfit – he certainly knows how to pose!

Cupcakes – always good, no matter the occasion.

Bloggy friends – ALWAYS awesome.

Your Oprah?? Cuteness!

10 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm

It was so funny. He put on that outfit and became an entirely different boy. I was hysterical.

11 The Bearded Iris July 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm

First, thanks for the love! Right back ATCHA, blog sister! But what you neglected to mention in your adorable six degrees of separation monologue is that I first FOUND YOU because of Twitter and your BRILLIANT post titled something like "Oprah, My Friend," (Please edit this comment and insert the link!) because I too am a LOO (Lover of Oprah), and when I shared with you that I was actually ON Oprah (the show, not the woman), you pledged your eternal allegiance to me and we became blogging BFFs, rightly so! 🙂 And THEN I wrote that post about my Susan/Oprah "People" and you connected me with Dawn who I also now love more than my luggage. God bless the blogosphere for helping chicks like us find each other! Thanks again for the gratitude. LOVE your "Photo Gratitude" thing!

12 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I agree. 🙂 When I first stumbled upon Dawn's blog, I thought, "I had no idea another grown woman would love Peoples too!" And then you?!?!? Nuts. 🙂 I'm so thrilled you love Oprah as I do. Do you know that when I wrote the "My Oprah, My Friend" post, I got my first negative blog feedback??? I was shocked. All sorts of heathens were coming out of the woodwork telling me that they couldn't stand her. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?!? What has Oprah ever done? Bitches be crazy.

13 Rach_DonutsMama July 25, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I'm so glad you have a pocket Oprah now. You can carry her in your pocket in pull her out when you need a little inspiration. She's fantastical.

14 Jen Has A Pen July 25, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Isn't she?!?!? 🙂 I'm in love with her. I make the dogs pose with her all the time. I'm pretty sure Oprah is going to bring us all great luck.